Monday, November 11, 2013

WIP Cold War Soviets

I have slowly been working on my Soviets for a Cold War Gone Hot game that I will be putting on in February.  I have 52 infantry that I am currently working on, with a few heavy weapons still needing to be built that I might add to the force.  Here are a few WIP pics I have taken along the way.

Soviets on Pennies very early on

Based and Primed with a Black wash to help me see detail

Bases painted along with uniforms

Flesh, Helmet, base and uniform painted

Some T-80s, BTR-80s and infantry in various stages

Starting to look like a Soviet

I am at the stage where I will be painting 1 squad at a time to actually finish them.  Still have a ways to go, but these are definitely a lot more exciting than Taliban to paint.

I have 1 more BTR-80 on the way along with 4 T-64s and 4 BMP2s from Sandsmodels.  I have been taking pictures of individual soldiers along the way in hopes of making a painting tutorial at the end of this project.

2 comments:

  1. Good progress Nick. At this rate you'll be done with time to spare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great. I can't wait to go all Fulda Gap on someone at Gengis Con.

    ReplyDelete